Ooluk Data Dictionary Manager is designed to help you document and share knowledge of your data across your organization
Attach labels to data objects to enable label-based browsing.
- Flat View: Browse data objects by application, technology and business area with nesting.
- Hierarchical View: Define label hierarchies to enable hierarchical browsing of data objects.
- You can also define custom labels and add them to the label browser.
Tag data objects and attributes to find similar data objects and attributes across your data environment.
- Tags are controlled terms.
- Auto tagging feature lets you automatically tag data objects and attributes using tag patterns.
- Search data objects and attributes by name, logical name and tags
- Search using keywords and phrases in descriptions and notes
- Search code values and descriptions
Use common types to easily identify data type mismatches across your data environment.
- E.g. Assign common type AlphaNumeric(10) to a VARCHAR(10) column, a CHAR(10) column and a X(10) COBOL field.
Associate code values and their descriptions for each attribute that stores codes.
- Codes values and descriptions are enabled for search.
Add notes to data objects and attributes.
- Notes are free text and can be used for any purpose you deem useful.
- They best serve the purpose of adding temporary information.
Import metadata from Relational databases, COBOL copybooks and XML metadata files.
- The data-import facility is Java-based.
- Source code licensed under Apache Software License 2.0.
- You can extend or modify the API to import data from any data source.
- Use XML interface for import if you do not wish to extend the API.
Define custom fields to add additional information to data objects and attributes.
Roles and Permissions
Define roles and assign permissions to control access.